Hey Clinkers, we’re back! It’s Episode 75 and we’re pretty much ready for Christmas. Sometimes, the hunger for bright colorful lights and delicious joy is overpowering.
Basically, we’re ready for the holidays — and Aaron gets into the Christmas vs. Chanukah debate … again.
Sorry, not sorry.
NEWS HIGHLIGHTS THIS WEEK:
- Netflix will likely cut Kevin Spacey from the final season of “House of Cards.” According to THR, “production has been shut down for two weeks (and potentially longer) to give the staff more time to rework a final season that had been almost completely plotted out.”
- Disney is developing a new live action “Star Wars” TV series for its new streaming service. The service is expected to launch at the end of 2019, so we’ll be waiting for this show for a while.
- Amazon is in talks with Warner Bros TV to possibly develop a “Lord of the Rings” TV show.
- Wentworth Miller will be leaving “Legends of Tomorrow” and “The Flash,” marking the exit of Leonard Snart from the CW superhero shows.
- Amazon has picked up a TV adaptation of Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson’s comic book series “The Boys.” Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg are executive producers and Eric Kripke has signed on to join them in directing duties on the series. According to AV Club, the comic was “centered on a black-ops team—”The Boys”—who try to stop the corrupt superheroes of the world from abusing their powers.”
I guess this is the point where we talk about Louis CK, now…
AARON’S LOSERS: “Rolling Stone: Stories From the Edge” and”Damnation” AARON’S FENCERS: “American Horror Story: Cult” and “SMILF” JACK’S FENCERS: “SMILF,” “Damnation” and “The Mayor” AARON’S WINNERS: “Mindhunter,” “Lethal Weapon,” “The Exorcist,” “30 for 30: Nature Boy” and “South Park: The Fractured But Whole”JACK’S WINNERS: “The Middle,” “The Last Man on Earth,” “South Park” and “Stranger Things”
Be sure to subscribe on iTunes and comment!
Find us on Twitter: @PunchDrunk_TV, @flatlinejack and @aaronflux
Join the conversation on Facebook.
Welcome to Episode 75. As always, #ClinktheDrink.
Powered by WPeMatico