Hey Clinkers, Aaron here — I am out of town this week so welcome to an episode Jack and I recorded on a Monday. We never record on Mondays. It was weird.
In this episode, we cover the pending return of “Magnum P.I.,” The CW’s new “feminist” angle for “Charmed” and the awful new version of WGN America. Also, Aaron had an Aziz Ansari conundrum he really needed to work out … just listen, you’ll see.
NEWS HIGHLIGHTS THIS WEEK:
- 19.8 million viewers tuned into the 60th Annual Grammys, which is a 24% drop in ratings from 2017 — and it’s an all-time low in viewership for the awards show
- CBS officially ordered reboots of “Cagney and Lacey” — described as “a reboot of the iconic series about two female police detectives and friends who keep the streets of Los Angeles safe” — and “Magnum P.I.” — described as “an update of the classic TV series and is set in Hawaii. It follows Thomas Magnum, a decorated ex-Navy SEAL who, upon returning home from Afghanistan, repurposes his military skills to become a private investigator.”
- SYFY has renewed “Happy!” for Season 2
- Netflix has renewed “Fuller House” for Season 4
- The CW has officially ordered a pilot for the new “Charmed” reboot series. It’s been a year since the network announced the show, which was originally supposed to take place in the ’70s. The network has allegedly scrapped the ’70s theme for a “feminist angle,” according to the show’s official synopsis. The synopsis goes on to say, “the sisters will use their witchy powers for ‘vanquishing supernatural demons, tearing down the patriarchy, and maintaining familiar bonds.’
AARON’S LOSER: “Bellevue”JACK’S LOSER: “Bellevue” AARON’S FENCERS: “Disjointed,” “The Van Jones Show” and “Our Cartoon President”JACK’S FENCERS: “SNL,” “Britannia” and “Step Up: High Water” (even though, this is really one of Jack’s winners) AARON’S WINNERS: “SNL,” “A Futile and Stupid Gesture,” “Mosaic” and “The Royal Rumble”JACK’S WINNERS: “A Futile and Stupid Gesture,” “American Crime Story: The Assassination of Gianni Versace,” “The Good Place,” “I’ll Have What Phil’s Having” and “Counterpart”
Be sure to subscribe on iTunes and comment!
Find us on Twitter: @PunchDrunk_TV, @flatlinejack and @aaronflux
Join the conversation on Facebook.
Welcome to Episode 83. As always, #ClinktheDrink.
Powered by WPeMatico